13th European Young Artists‘ Jazz Award Burghausen
Invitation for the submission of entries to the
13th European Young Artists’ Jazz Award Burghausen 2023
On the occasion of the 52nd Burghausen International Jazz Festival from March 21 to 26, 2023, the town‘s jazz association, Interessengemeinschaft Jazz Burghausen e.V., in cooperation with the town of Burghausen, invites the submission of entries to the 13th European Young Artists‘ Jazz Award Burghausen 2023.
This prize, which is awarded annually, has been created to actively promote
promising young jazz artists.
Combos of three or more musicians and big bands based in Europe.
Participants must not be older than 30 years on March 21, 2023.
All varieties of jazz will be admitted.
1st place: 5.000 Euro
2nd place: 3.000 Euro
3rd place: 2.000 Euro
The winning band (1st place) will also open the first festival‘s concert on the next day performing for a large audience.
- In a „blind selection“ procedure, the jury will select five formations to compete in the final contest.
The names of the five selected formations will be published in December 2022.
- The final contest will take place on the eve of the 52nd International Jazz Festival, March 21, 2023, in the framework of an open concert. Each of the five finalists is required to perform a 20-minute live act.
- After retiring for deliberation, the jury will announce the winner as well as the bands on the 2nd and 3rd place.
- The winning band will have the opportunity to play the opening act at the Festival‘s first concert on the following day.
- The IG Jazz association will not be liable to pay any fees in this process, neither for the concert itself nor for its recording by TV and radio stations. However, IG Jazz will reimburse travel expenses of up to 500,– Euros per band as well as accommodation and food costs.
The closing date for applications is October 31, 2022. Only applications which have been completed in full and have been received by the above-mentioned date will be considered.
To apply, please submit online the following documents:
- Application form completed in full.
- mp3 audio files, running time: approx. 15 min., 25 min. max.
- Brief written presentation of the band (biography, description of the music, etc.), two pages max.
band pics (min. 300 dpi)
The line-up information submitted with the application documents is binding and must be identical with the line-up playing in the final elimination stage.
Multiple applications of musicians in different bands are not allowed.
We will confirm receipt of your complete application via e-mail. Only ensembles with complete application documents will be admitted to the competition.
>> CLICK HERE TO APPLY <<
Interessengemeinschaft Jazz Burghausen e.V.
ph.: +49 8677 916463-12